Heaters and Fire
Heating is the second leading cause of a home fire next to cooking. We always think of candles and cooking causing fires but we need to think of being safe when we heat our home too.
Here are some safety tips:
Use your fire place safely. Always use metal or heat tempered glass screens when using a fireplace.
Never use an oven or stove top to heat your home.
Keep wood stove door closed unless adding wood or pellets or stoking the fire.
Make sure your space heater has an automatic shut off. If it tips over then it goes off.
It's always best to test your smoke alarms at least once a month.
Always remember to turn off a space heater when leaving the room or going to bed.
SERVPRO of Washington County is here to help if a fire happens in your home. Give us a call any time and we'll be there for you! (301) 797-0677